Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Grayson's Update on 6/2/09

Just wanted to send out an update on our Dr's appt this morning...
easier to tell everybody at once this way.

Grayson is now 3lbs and 4 oz. His heart still has a VSD/ASD (two small holes in his heart), but the function looks good and there are no signs of heart failure at this time. He is measuring a little small, about 2 weeks behind... but we knew that he would be smaller than normal.
He is moving around alot, and doing okay otherwise. Of course nothing has changed with his Trisomy 18 diagnosis... unfortunately. But we were glad to be able to see him on the ultrasound moving around with a strong heartbeat.

I had a few problems with some dizziness and just feeling a little funny over the last day or two, but that has all gone away. Dr. Wendel said just probably some issues with getting up too fast and my blood pressure dropping a bit. It was also up just a little the other day, but is now normal and I am feeling okay.
I am having to slow down on doing things (which is hard for me), and just try to take it easy.
I will be taking care of myself to give Grayson the best chance he has to be with us for awhile.
Of course there are no guarantees still on what will happen. Will he survive to term? Will he survive delivery? Will he be able to come home with us?
These are all questions that nag at me every second of every day...and the hardest thing is just not knowing the answers.
Taylor and I still are praying to just be able to have him with us for awhile and bring him home. We don't want to have to come home without our baby this time... even if we only have him for a short time at home. It would still be better that way. And of course the most important thing is that Grayson is comfortable.

We also spoke to a Neonatologist this morning, he will be at the delivery if at all possible. If not, one of his partners will be there. We wanted them involved just so that we can all be on the same page for what is best for Grayson. We don't want to put him through anything that he doesn't need to go through. We all agreed to do what is best for Grayson, no matter how hard it will be for us. He is the most important thing right now. This means there will be no ventilators or drastic measures done. There is no reason to put him through anything like that... I have seen too much of that over the years, and won't have anything happen to my son that isn't what should happen.

If things go as we hope they will, I will likely be induced around July 7th. Thats saying I do not go into labor before that time. We ask for prayers that I am able to keep him in until that time... It will be a much more controlled situation if I don't just go into labor. Also all of my Dr's will be able to be there with us.

Please just keep us in your prayers...we need them now more than ever.
and most of all, Pray for Grayson.
Love,
Kristi

No comments: