Tuesday, September 9, 2008

What makes a Mother

I read this poem last night and it provided a little comfort, the thought of her visiting me here on earth...while it might sound weird to some...it actually makes me feel better. Yesterday was 6 weeks to the day since Kinsey was here with us, I miss her every second of every day.

I thought of you and closed my eyes, And prayed to God today.
I asked "what makes a Mother?" and I know I heard him say:
"A mother has a baby" this we know is true.
"But God can you be a mother when your baby's not with you?"
"Yes you can," he replied with confidence in his voice
"I give many women babies when they leave is not their choice.
Some I send for a lifetime and others for a day.
And some I send to feel your womb, but there's no need to stay."
"I just dont understand this God I want my baby here.
"He took a breath and cleared his throat and then I saw a tear
"I wish that I could show you what your child is doing today
If you could see your child smile with other children who say:
"We go to Earth and learn our lessons of love and life and fear.
My mommy loved me oh so much I got to come straight here.
"I feel so lucky to have a mom who had so much love for me.
I learned my lessons very quickly, my mommy set me free.
I miss my mommy oh so much, but I visit her each day.
When she goes to sleep on her pillow's where I lay
I stroke her hair and kiss her cheek and whisper in her ear
Mommy dont be sad today, I'm your baby and I'm here.
"So you see my dear sweet one your children are okay
Your babies are here in my home they'll be at heaven's gate for you.
So now you see what makes a mother its the feeling in your heart.
Its the love you had so much of right from the very start.
Though some on earth may not realize you are a Mother until their time is done.
They'll be up here with me one day and you'll know that youre the best one.

"by Jennifer Wasikin
memory of Zachary Thomas Wasik

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kristi, I like that poem so much. It makes me feel good to read it too. What a great thing to know that our baby is looking over you. I know she would have had the best mom in the world. So little Kinsey give your sweet mom a kiss for me each night too.I miss her each and every day and night. I hope she knows how much her Mimmi and papa loves her. Just keep writing your blog, I really think it will do ya'll good to hear what other people say. I'm praying everyday for ya'll. Love and kisses, Mama

Anonymous said...

Kristi & Taylor,
Wow...I'm speechless & that doesn't happen very often. The poem is beautiful, just like the two of you. Oddly enough, I am in the pickup line at school and people are watching me cry after reading that post. We all love you so much. I guess sometimes silence is a good thing. I hope you both can have some silence and peace in your hearts today. And just maybe, God will heal your pain a little more through that silence. Love you both. Tell Mimmi and papa that we send them our love and prayers as well.
Heather

Anonymous said...

I don't know you but found your blog through MDC. Thank you for sharing your story and pictures of your daughter. She truly is an angel.
I am very sorry for your loss.

Renee said...

Kristen and Todd are friends of mine and told me about your loss. I lost my sweet baby girl Sophie at birth too and your pain resonates in my heart. I know your heart and the agony it feels. I know the mental anguish you suffer but I also know that it will be better one day. You could not have ever convinced me of that 6 weeks after I lost my daughter but if you hang on to each other and especially your faith, you will find that the pain will ease with time.
There is NO greater pain than what you are feeling and I hurt for your heart. Please know that I am here for you and that I will be available for you if you ever need someone to talk to. You can go to my blog or get my number or email address from Kristen. If you ever need a friend...day or night..I am available. I would be more than happy do to help you get through this in whatever way I can help.
Take care and know that I am praying for you and your family.

Renee Mader

ps...I know without a doubt that Sophie was there waiting for Kinsey Grace. They are playing on the greatest playground we could ever wish for them.

Patsy said...

Kristi,
Thank you for the poem. I know your last few blogs must have been so difficult to write. I hope writing them has brought a little comfort and peace to you. I pray everynight that hopefully each day is getting easier for you and your family. I see more strenght in each of your blogs and really admire you.
Patsy

Anonymous said...

Kristi,
The poem is beautiful. I hope you were able to find some comfort in the words. It was so great to see you at dinner the other night. You look so good! Texting is good(even though it takes me forever to do), but HUGGING is so much better! We really miss you! I do hope some how, some way you are able to find a little more peace everyday. My heart aches for you and Taylor and I am still praying for you both. I sure love to look at Kinsey's picture on your locker (and the one I have!). She is as beautiful as her mama! Love You!
Jennifer H