Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The time is ticking by...

Time seems to be flying by. There's so many things to be done and loose ends to tie up. One of the hardest parts of planning for Kinsey was picking out her grave marker. The same has to be done with the Gray Man. I'm sure we will pick the same type of stone and we have already picked out what will go on the back of the stone. Kinsey has ladybugs and butterflies engraved in her stone along with a cross and some flowers on the front. I imagine we will put the same cross, but we haven't decided about the flowers.

Saying I've had plenty of time to think and plan is quite an understatement. I don't do well sitting idle without a project or something to work on... so my brain has been working overtime. I've got a few things planned for Gray's funeral. Only a few people know what I have planned so I hope to keep it a surprise. Here's a hint; it involves LOTS of "barrels of monkeys", some air time, the US postal service, and a few thoughtfully selected monkeys that were Gray's. I'll leave it at that in order to keep it under wraps.

It was not an easy task to find "barrels of monkeys". Had we not needed any they would have been all over the place. We enlisted the help of a few different people in 3 different states! Apparently the only city they aren't popular in is Hazlehurst, Mississippi. Thank you Wanda for calling tirelessly until you found them.

9 comments:

Colleen said...

I know his service is going to be so special just like he was!

Anonymous said...

Kristi and Taylor,
I am praying for you both to have strength in times of need. Just remember when you fall and feel like you can't get back up you have two angels to help carry you from heaven. God sends the most amazing gifts in the smallest of ways. You are the best parents anyone could ask for, and an inspiration to so many others.
Misty Crone

Paige said...

I can't imagine what you are going through right now. I follow this blog regularly (www.mycharmingkids.net)and she does a lot of work with www.stringofpearlsonline.org It might be a site where you can find some comfort and network with some families that have and are going through the same thing. You are very much in my prayers.

Baby Connor said...

You gave Grayson so much love in the short time he was with you, more than some kids experience in a lifetime. You have two very special children, that have touched the lives of many, people like me, who don't even know you. Your story made me put my life in perspective and to treasure every day, every hour I have with my child. We can take life and our children for granted so easily but then I read stories like yours, and it hits me how thankful I should be, and I am , to have a healthy child I can hug and cuddle with. So thank you for sharing your story with the Blogger world. Your two wonderful children truly inspired me!

Jana said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I know that his service will be wonderful and honoring for his life lived out of the womb and in the womb.
My God continue to give you courage to walk the path that He lays before you. May you find peace in the midst of questions and pain.
God bless you both!

MLP said...

Praying for you.

mrs boo radley said...

So sad for you. I have no doubt that God is holding you so close at this time.

My best friend and her husband just lost their 3-week-old son yesterday. He had Zellweger Syndrome. It's been a rollercoaster ride, but we are thankful that the angels took him to heaven where there is no suffering.

God speed.

You who have been through so much with your little ones hold a special place in my heart.

C said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I have lost one child to miscarriage and it was so hard for me, so I can only imagine how hard it has been for you with your circumstances. I will pray for your comfort. I know you know God has a plan, and I will pray that you will find comfort in that even though it is hard to believe right now. We will see our babies again in Heaven. I cling to that. I miss my baby.

Unknown said...

I wish you would have told me about the barrels of monkeys - you know I can get anything from anywhere and wholesale! Hope it all worked as you planned. Sorry to not be there in person, but will be with you in spirit.
Trish