Thursday, July 2, 2009

Humbling...

I don't know what to say really, except that I am humbled by all of the comments and prayers that are being sent our way.
I had no idea about Kelly, or her prayer blog... but I am glad that I am a part of it.

Grayson's latest update is that as of last week he is up to 4lbs and 11oz. He may hit 5lbs before birth! I am done with work at this point, and I have to say I am glad... Even though we won't make any money while we are off having Grayson. I'm just tired. It's not something we can help, Taylor and I both started new jobs in March... so we don't have any medical or personal leave built up this time. We are lucky enough to both be nurses though, and to have been able to save a little in advance. We know that we will be okay though, and that God will provide for what we need.
We both have been lucky enough though to have new jobs, where the people are great and understanding of what we are having to face. Not to say that the people at our old jobs aren't great to... let me make sure and say that!

We have family coming here starting tomorrow to help out, and to be here to meet Grayson. If all goes as "planned", I will be able to make it through the holiday weekend and go into the hospital Monday night to start being induced.
The closer it gets, I have so many mixed emotions. Nervous, excitement, fear...just to mention a few. I just pray for peace and courage for myself and my husband, so we can be there for Grayson like we should. We just want him to survive delivery and be as healthy he can be at birth.
Of course we don't know what will happen, and that's one of the hardest parts of all this. Will Grayson survive delivery? Will he be able to breathe on his own after he is born? Will he be able to make it through the day...the night, the next day? Will we be able to bring him home?
So many questions... so many fears.
I just don't want to have to leave the hospital without our baby again. To bring him home would be such a blessing... that is one of my biggest prayers.
I know that God will be with us, and Kinsey will be watching over us as well.
Lord just please be with us and give us the strength and courage and peace to be able to get through this...and be the strongest parents for Grayson that we can be.

26 comments:

Ani said...

I am here from Kelly's blog and wanted to let you know that you and your family are all in my prayers today.
May God give you strength and may your faith be unwavering.
Blessings.
Ani

Kim said...

I read about your story on Kelly's Blog. I can't imagine your worry. Just remember God Is Good, All The Time!!! I will keep your family and little Grayson in my prayers. I pray that God will give you strength, and peace.
God Bless,
Kim

debr said...

I only learned of your family through Kelly's blog but I am blown away with sadness for you at your son's diagnosis. I pray that you will get to bring him home and that God will be so real and unmistakably present to you that your hearts will be strengthened.

Bethany said...

Still praying! Remebering that He is able to do more than we could ask or imagine. He has given us power with the saints to grasp His love. Hold on tight to that.

Beth said...

Keeping you and your family in prayer.

The Dyess Family said...

praying!

Cori said...

I learned about your story through Kelly's blog and am now following yours. I am praying for you and your family through this trying time. May God bless you and be with you!

With Love,
Cori

Unknown said...

I am here from Angie Smith's blog...I will be praying for you and your sweet little boy. I pray that the delivery goes well and that the time you spend with Grayson is full of love and peace. Praying for you...Melissa

Channe said...

Praying for you here in Louisiana...

Rebecca said...

Praying that you enjoy this weekend with your family and Grayson.

Jenny said...

Saw your story on Kelly's blog as well, and I am praying for you- for peace and strength!!

Angie Riley said...

Hey Kristi, you have always been and remain to be in my prayers. You show such amazing strength as a person, mother and wife. I pray for strenghth and comfort for you and Taylor both in the days to come. I will be thinking of you often. I feel like I am truly blessed just to know such an amazing woman!
In prayers,
Angie Riley

Stephanie said...

Praying for you over these next few days!!!!! Praying you are able to spend some time with your sweet boy. Hugs!

Michelle said...

Read about you on Kelly's blog and I can't imagine your heartache. I will be praying for you and especially that you get to bring your little guy home.

boltefamily said...

I too have lost two children. Our son Isaac in 2005 which was a shock to us and a son Asher in 2008 after finding out at 19 weeks he had "multiple anomalies" we carried him to term and he lived 35 minutes. Though I have walked a similar walk to the one you are about to embark on, I have no words. There simply are none. All I can say is just cling to the fact that God does love you and have a good plan even when it doesn't feel like it. He will carry you when you are too weary. I am heartbroken for you tonight and will be praying for your sweet family. I feel the Lord led me here to your blog and if I can be of any support to you whatsoever please email me at kbolte01@gmail.com or visit our blog at www.babybolte.blogspot.com

Love and Prayers,
Kristy

momofonefornow said...

Just wanted you to know that I am lifting your family up in prayer this evening. My heart is absolutely broken for you. I can't imagine the grief that you both must be feeling right now. I will pray for strength, peace, and grace. Oh, and a miracle.

Adam, April & Aidan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Adam, April & Aidan said...

I found your blog through Kelly's Korner and I have been following your story. Our family is praying for you guys!!!

destiny said...

I read about you on Kelly's blog. I read back over your old posts are realized you are from MS. I'm from South MS, but we live in Hernando, MS now. I just wanted you to know that you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.
God Bless,
Destiny

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Praying for you tonight...for rest and peace this weekend.

Shannon said...

I am praying for your sweet family! These verses brought me great comfort when I miscarried.

"Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid because you are close beside me. Your rod and staff protect me and comfort me." Psalm 23:4

"The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing."
Zephaniah 3:17

"...I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you." Isaiah 46:4

"The Lord is close to the brokenhearted, and saves those whose spirits have been crushed." Psalm 34:18

Joan (Nana) said...

Kelly's blog sent me here....Praying in Marietta, ga. for your faith to be lifted up. God bless you

Sara said...

Kelly sent me over.

Wow. You sweet thing. Life can sure be impossible sometimes. The agony your poor heart must be feeling, mine is breaking and I've only just read your story. Sweet little Kinsey was gorgeous. Looks like she took after her mama. And now little Grayson fighting with everything he has to live. It all just seems like too much for one mommy and daddy.

I'm not going to tell you God has a plan because shoot if I could ever figure it out. All I can say is we're going to be praying for little Grayson and his miracle. And for your hearts. You have our love.

Melissa said...

I am a follower of Kelly's blog and wanted to send you my thoughts and prayers over the next few days. May God and your family give you strength.

Juli said...

Sending prayers your way from Oklahoma. I stumbled across your blog after the loss of our son, Maverick, in February. I just cannot imagine what you must be feeling.

Jess said...

I am here from Kelly's blog. I have been praying for your family. May God uplift you all! I will be thinking of you and checking back with continued prayers. ****big hugs from MN****

God Bless you and yours!

Jess